The worlds of business and learning sometimes get so po-faced, you have to raise your lapel and have a quiet chortle into it.
I hope these will tickle you in some way, in some unspecified place (OK I'll stop now!).
The Catechism of Business Cliche
I pinched the idea from Flann O'Brien, the brilliant Irish humourist, and applied it to the game of Bullshit Bingo you can play at any business meeting.
- Catechism of cliche (1) – the Rapid Authoring Tool
- Catechism of cliche (2): the LMS
- Catechism of cliché (3) – the L&D pep talk
- Catechism of Cliche (4) – the project
- Catechism of Cliché (5) – Human Resources
- Catechism of Cliche (6) – an update on the operating model
- Catechism of Cliche (7) The Learning Exhibition
- Catechism of Cliché (8) the brain-based learning design
- The Lexicon of Bullshittery
- Catechism of Cliché (9) online marketing
Lamont's Taxonomy of Direness
Just so that my name goes down in the annals of, er, taxonomy makers.
New technology - the threat to our information
This is my 'greatest hit' with over 53000 views on Slideshare. It started with a remark someone made on a webinar about social learning, when they'd left an argument with IT about security of discussion forums, and passed someone at a desk giving completely erroneous information over the phone.
The SME test
Why it hurts Subject Matter Experts to see their precious knowledge diluted for learners.