The worlds of business and learning sometimes get so po-faced, you have to raise your lapel and have a quiet chortle into it.
I hope these will tickle you in some way, in some unspecified place (OK I'll stop now!).
New technology - the threat to our information
This is my 'greatest hit' with over 53000 views on Slideshare. It started with a remark someone made on a webinar about social learning, when they'd left an argument with IT about security of discussion forums, and passed someone at a desk giving completely erroneous information over the phone.
The SME test
Why it hurts Subject Matter Experts to see their precious knowledge diluted for learners.
The Catechism of Business Cliche
I pinched the idea from Flann O'Brien, the brilliant Irish humourist, and applied it to the game of Bullshit Bingo you can play at any business meeting.
- Catechism of cliche (1) – the Rapid Authoring Tool
- Catechism of cliche (2): the LMS
- Catechism of cliché (3) – the L&D pep talk
- Catechism of Cliche (4) – the project
- Catechism of Cliché (5) – Human Resources
- Catechism of Cliche (6) – an update on the operating model
- Catechism of Cliche (7) The Learning Exhibition
- Catechism of Cliché (8) the brain-based learning design
- The Lexicon of Bullshittery
- Catechism of Cliché (9) online marketing
Lamont's Taxonomy of Direness
Just so that my name goes down in the annals of, er, taxonomy makers.
Free elearning scenario template
Just follow Designing Predicaments step by step for a believable, engaging learning scenario.