What is your job this morning?
- To share ideas around our vision
I appreciate your generosity. What act of manual dexterity will you also be performing?
- Positioning the change programme
With what aim, of considerable aeronautical value?
- So that it lands well
Whence are we beginning?
- A good foundation
In what provocatory surroundings will we find ourselves in the next year?
- A challenging environment
What will we do to this challenging environment?
To what must our learning be closely aligned?
- Business needs
What should the method of propulsion of our learning strategy be?
- It should be driven by the needs of the business
What propulsive activity should our learning, in turn, carry out?
- It should drive business results
Where will this ‘business’ be found?
- At the customer interface
What unitary outlet, of an arresting nature, will our new website become?
- A one-stop shop
What will this shop offer, provide, promote, make possible?
Access to what?
- All your learning and development needs
What will we be serving up to meet these needs?
- Media rich content
In what easily masticated form will these needs be met?
- Bite size chunks
What basic physics work will be executed by our social learning strategy?
- It will leverage the collective knowledge of the workforce
In what tubular repositories does this collective knowledge currently reside, out of which we will pry it?
That will require a lot of thought. Where will I do this thinking?
- Outside the box
Oh, you were doing so well. Go away.
(With apologies to the spirit of Flann O’Brien)
- Catechism of cliche (1) – the Rapid Authoring Tool
- Catechism of cliche (2): the LMS
- Catechism of cliché (3) – the L&D pep talk
- Catechism of Cliche (4) – the project
- Catechism of Cliché (5) – Human Resources
- Catechism of Cliche (6) – an update on the operating model
- Catechism of Cliche (7) The Learning Exhibition
- Catechism of Cliché (8) the brain-based learning design
- The Lexicon of Bullshittery
- Catechism of Cliché (9) online marketing